Saturday, June 15, 2013

On the road again...

...to Dunedin Hospital for another surgery,  will be away for another couple of weeks probably. 
But this week I have had a wonderful week feeling really well....I finished hemming the big quilt.


...lots of stitches..it's great having it all done.


this is a double bed and it touches the floor right round....it's not for this bed but it did look cosy here.

|The man of the house rewallpapered the kitchen last week and we have had bare walls since then.  This weekend he was great hanging up plates etc....so it looks more 'me' now!...I'm no minimalist!!!


one of my favourite china patterns is The Asiatic Pheasants this big ashette has a crack,  but chips, cracks and wear don't bother me...I love china, well anything old really and if it has signs of wear or use I don't mind at all...I love to imagine what the woman was like who had it before me...was it her 'best' china? did she use it every day? .....


I have had this plate for ages and couldn't find anywhere it suited.....its hanging over the horrible white plastic switch for the range now and I am thrilled!!!

 


these are to go on the living room wall but we ran out of hooks!



As I am such a blue and white china addict...no other words for it!  I decided to put up 2 very pretty plates in the living room that only have a smidgen of blue in them.....



....another kitchen corner..

 


 The garden is almost down to its bare bones for winter....the elm has dropped her leaves and has a golden carpet at her feet....

and even if there are few flowers to be seen there are some other treasures...


..this eye catching white fungi and at a friends some dainty little toadstools...

 


 ....in keeping with the mystical feel we have had some delightful misty mornings...


the mist swirled around making eerie shadows and shapes....


..I am fascinated by the ever changing light ...we live on such a beautiful planet..


another beautiful morning...

 
 ...it is these simple things I miss when in hospital.

I found some bright flowers by my little hut ..very bright and sweetly perfumed....


...no roses though....card from our daughter this week is very cute and very true...

 

 Have a happy week.
xxxx




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment