Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lilac time

I was up early this morning and doing a few rounds of crochet while breakfasting!
Little Thrifty Fox had given me some beautiful thrifted Mohair yarn a while ago and I thought it was time it was turned into something, it's a big granny square knee rug in the making.
While drinking my tea I had to smile..on the coffee table I had laid my crochet, the novel I am reading at the moment ......and beside it a jug of Lilac from the garden.....




...bit of a colour theme happening here!!!

I thought I would look up Lilac in my "The Secret Language of Flowers" book by Samantha Gray that I love and this is what the beautiful pages say.....





..............and these words at the bottom of the page are so lovely aren't they!  



white lilac in the garden .



my favourite Lilac in the garden, it is really perfumed and such a deep colour.


A lilac coloured candelabra primula at the pond.

 

My daughter gave me this gorgeous old chocolate box and although I can't see a Lilac bush in the garden....I am certain there would have been one!



A kitchen corner.



" The days come and go like muffled and veiled figures sent from a distant friendly place carrying gifts, and if we do not use the gifts they bring, they carry them silently away."

(Ralph Waldo Emerson)


Have a happy week and enjoy the gifts your days bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment