Saturday, November 10, 2012

Touches of white...

We had a frost last week...enough to have little slivers of ice on the fountain!!!

It turned out nice and sunny afterwards with blue sky and sunshine...

(clever husband made the stained glass windows)


white clematis at the front door.


A tiny clump of white beautifully perfumed Lily of the Valley.


.....the other vintage chocolate box my daughter gave me, and outside a white bush... I'm sure they are white daisies!!!!

Some more garden scenes this week,

Rhodos



Laburnum

Forget-me-not.



"........Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.  There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of the birds, the ebb and flow of the tides, the folded bud ready for the spring.  
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter."
(Rachel Carson)

On the crafting scene this week, I mended a cherished 'blanky', that I made 25 years ago for our youngest daughter, I had put in a few rows of Angora wool that didn't stand the test of time, being more delicate than some of the other yarn. I couldn't bear to throw it out so did a "make do and mend' and have popped it away so that one day she may use it for a little person of her own.




A while ago I stitched up a very enjoyable needle roll pattern...one each for the girls and am now working on one for me, backed them with some William Morris fabric. 






Looking forward to finishing mine. 

 

 Chemo treatment number 4 is behind me and I have been thoroughly spoilt again this week,  so many lovely cards and parcels and this beautiful bunch of flowers from a friend.  


Have a happy week and do some things you love.......

xx
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Your husband is clever and has made a wonderful job with the stain glass windows. You have a beautiful garden; one of my most precious times of the year is if I see lily of the valley in the garden. They are not very happy in our garden yet and did not make an appearance this year, but I live in hope for next year.

    I like the pattern and colours of the childhood blanket. I've never thought about any of my blankets standing the test of time...

    I noticed your rocking chair; we have a rocking chair which my husband painted lilac and it is homeless since we moved into a smaller house. I really do not want to part with it though. Is it six chemos that have to be done I wonder?

    I have a present for you and if you would like to receive it, could you email me your address - or a work address? www.memirose@btinternet.com

    It is one of those wonderful days here today... very cold and sunny, so I am off to make the most of it. Sending healing thoughts your way x

    ReplyDelete